Re: Semi-transparent box on desktop

David Boles wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:
Frank Cox wrote:
I just noticed that if you left-click on your Gnome desktop, hold the
button down and move the mouse, you create a little semi-transparent box on
your desktop.  It goes away as soon as you release the mouse button.

What is that for, if anything at all?
It is a selection 'lasso' that should select any icons that you encompass. Then you can do any of the usual things that you can do to selected icons - drag, copy, delete, etc. Most other windows should work the same way.

Coolness! It works in KDE, too. Ric

This is a joke post right? A 'funny' post ? A 'pull my leg' post? Maybe
even a 'giggle together in secret' post?

"a selection 'lasso'"?? You are all joking here right?

Why would you think that? It is a very reasonable description. Would the term "grouping box" make it less of a joke?

--
Young men think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.
		-- George Chapman