RE: latest curve ball Install JDK6 on FC7

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 12:42 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> >HELP....
> >Does anyone have a step by step for install of JDK6 on Fedora Core 7?
> >so far when I get a FRESH how to....Jpackage, Sun or Fedora has changed
> >something
> >Jdk version is 6u5
> >Jpackage is 1.7
> >Base install I586 Fedora default layout and updated
> >
> >Thanks in advance!!!!!
> >Phil Clyde
> >
> >I am trying to do a source build in and MUST have Sun 1.6 installed
>
> http://rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com/sun-java-on-F8.html
>
> This should work for F7 as well.

It worked for me, using JDK 6u5. The only problem I had was the tedious
business of dnloading 65megs via modem and have the file transfer become
interrupted. <sigh> So, best to sign in for a free account first ...just
in case. Then you are supposed to be able to resume. It only took me two
nights to get it ...someone just shoot me. Once you finally get the
file, follow Knute's instructions and it's a cakewalk. Thank you Knute.
You may wish to update the page to show the newest version. Again,
thanks! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar