Re: USB error #62

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 11:25 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > During boot, I keep getting this error message: "USB 1-2: device not
> > accepting address 2, error -62"
> >
> > Since I'm having problems getting my LG phone to connect via USB cable,
> > and it occupies a zone 2 address, is this part of the problem?? Thanks,
> Is that device plugged in while you are booting ?
>
> I got similar error messages for my hp notebook. I think it was due to
> the finder print reader {that sits on USB}, that has no driver AFAICT.

Huh, I have a USB printer and an optical mouse hooked up all the time.

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 09da:0006 A4 Tech Co., Ltd Optical Mouse WOP-35 /
Trust 450L Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 03f0:4c11 Hewlett-Packard
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

When I hotplug my Kodak camera, THEN turn it on, it is found and used no
sweat. But, when I try to hotplug my LG vx4650 cellphone, X freezes up
solid and the keyboard lights flash. I've tried it both off and on when
I hotplug it, is there a "rule" for attaching USB devices while the
machine is booted and running? Plus the port I'm plugged into usually is
identified as Bus 002 Device 003. Bus's 3 and 4 just seem to not become
used at all. I have no clue.
uname -r 2.6.23.15-80.fc7

Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar