Re: FC8, lost sound

On Saturday 15 March 2008, David Timms wrote:

>> | cat /proc/asound/cards and see if somehow it's still finding another
>> | card. What does alsamixer show for output devices?
>>
>> $ cat /proc/asound/cards
>> ~ 0 [CA0106         ]: CA0106 - CA0106
>> ~                      Live! 7.1 24bit [SB0413] at 0xc8e0 irq 17
>>
>> Alsamixer says "card - pulseaudio" and "chip - pulseaudio".
>
>I heard mention that there should be no sound based items in
>/etc/modprobe.conf. Perhaps you could post it / try commenting {#} any
>such items out ?
>
>DaveT.

'scuse me?  Whoever said that probably needs help tieing his shoes too.  Mine
doesn't work without this stuff:

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-emu10k1 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-intel8x0 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-mpu401
options snd-card-2 index=2
options snd-mpu401 index=2

I have effectively 2 cards, the builtin one on the mobo I use about .1% of a
blue moon for skype, and an audigy2 for everything else.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)