Installation Crash with 4GB

I think there are known problems along these lines, but I wanted to report that I am unable to install Fedora on my new machine if I have 4GB memory installed. Removing one 2GB chip and so working with just 2GB allows me to install. This is a Dual Core AMD Athlon XP 4800+ on an Asus M3A motherboard. More information can be provided.

After installing successfully, I foolishly put the 4GB back in, and I seem to have ended up with tons of other problems---programs crash, prelink won't run, etc, etc---so now I'm re-installing again. Looks as if this might be a kernel problem?

Richard