Re: Java x86_64

>> Is there a 64 bit plugin yet for java that works with Firefox yet?  If
>> so, does anybody have a howto on installing it?
>
> The IcedTea jre and plugin are available for x86-64. Fedora8_x86-64
> ships with these rpms by default.

Right. It's just that some Java Sites don't work with this IcedTea plugin
("Start: applet not initialized.", actually most of the Java-Sites that I need
don't run with IcedTea).

Supposedly Sun will be releasing JDK/JRE Version 7 in the future which should
ship with an x86_64 Firefox but it hasn't materialized yet from Sun Microsystems.

Also, the whole subject around nspluginwrapper (which won't work with the Java
plugin for Firefox), multiple firefox binaries (i386 and x86_64 variants), many
java plugin locations (/usr/lib64/mozilla, /usr/lib/mozilla, /usr/lib64/firefox*/plugins,
/usr/lib/firefox*/plugins, ~/.mozilla/plugins) is rather confusing.

So if there is a working and stable Java setup for the current 2.0.0.12 x86_64 firefox
beeing able to serve commercial Java sites, then we would be glad to hear about.

Best Regards,

Arnold