Re: 2.6.24.3-12.fc8 memory issue?

Gilboa Davara wrote:
Two things:
A. While it does like a kernel problem, make sure that you're not
hitting some IDE problem. (Bad sectors, etc).
Run badblocks on the swap partition to make sure you're not hitting some
disk problem.
B. If you have a second machine (laptop, windows, etc), get a NULL
serial cable and connect the two machines [1]. If the kernel indeed OOPs
out, you'll be able to post a far more informative kernel stack
dump.(You'll need to configure grub, and /etc/inittab to get it going)

- Gilboa
[1] http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO
Definitely not an IDE problem, I can reproduce it using stress to use up the memory. Also swapping back to previous kernel does solve the problem( i.e. swap works fine). I'll connect a null modem cable when I get a chance (don't think I have one at the moment, let alone a serial port since I'm using laptops).

Cheers,
Peter.