Re: Installing Fedora from a hardrive help.

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Gareth Marsh wrote:

What's my first step?
Hdd has two partitions (both ext3); the first is 100gb and the second is
200gb. I'm guessing it's to get the hdd bootable so I use use grub to boot
the fedora iso (which will be on the second partition) and if so how do I
install grub under windows?

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-natively.html#Installing-GRUB-natively

I'm pretty sure grub needs a Linux system (or something like it)
to install and run.

Grub can install itself from a boot floppy. It does not need a Linux system, but if you want to make use of most of the features of Grub, you need to install it to a file system it understands.

Mikkel