Re: DB2 UDB has problem after upgrade to Fedora 8

Richard Ray wrote:
We've been running DB2 UDB version 8 on Fedora 6 for some time with no problems. When I upgraded to Fedora 8 DB2 works mostly. When I run "db2 backup" the backup starts but never completes. All other functionality appears to be good. I ran backup under strace and tried to attach the output but the message didn't get posted. I see "invalid argument" returned from setitimer and a blocking read as the last entry.

setitimer(ITIMER_REAL, {it_interval={0, 0}, it_value={0, 1000000}}, 0xbfcbcde8) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
read(5,

I'm not really surprised there are problems. If you want continuing support for linux, CentOS5 would be a better bet than Fedora. While IBM doesn't test that either, it us intended to be fully compatible with RHEL5 and so about as compatible with FC6 as RHEL5 is.

Your prospects of _fixing_ it on F8 are fairly dismal, unless you can point to a problem in F8 itself.