Re: problems with static network settings on Fedora 8

Jason Viloria wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps this has been covered before, if so please forgive.

I have an installation of F8 where during install I decided to go for DHCP. After a week or so decided to have the IP static but the machine is stuck on DHCP!. It ignores my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

I have made sure /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 is properly set. Have done this gazzilion of time. Has anyone heard of this issue?

br
Jason

If you don't reboot, the dhcpclient is still running and will fix your network address when it decides to do something. You will need to kill the already running dhcpclient.

                            Roger