Re: Installing Fedora from a hardrive help.

Margaret Doll wrote:
Gareth,

You do install Windows first creating a partition for the Windows system and one for the linux system. I like to have the two operating systems on separate disks.

After the Windows system is set up and assuming that you have the full fedora installation on dvds, boot from the first fedora dvd. Fedora will note that you have a Windows system and will leave it intact as you instruct it to do. You can then let fedora partition the remaining unused partition or disk for its own system or you can determine the partitioning. It will ask you whether to install a default set of programs or let you choose. I have had occasional problems with drivers on new hardware, but fedora has been usually easy to install.