fedora 8 and fedora 9 alpha - install problems

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Fedora on a new Dell desktop and I'm having some problems during install.
I've tried F9 alpha and F8 and have the same problem in both.

Firstly, the installer hangs for a long time with the message "Loading ata_piix driver..." but eventually gets to the language selection screen.
At this stage, whenever I press any key on the usb keyboard, two key presses are registered, which makes getting any further in the install impossible.
Has anyone had similar issues or any ideas as to what I could try?

Best regards and thanks,

Alastair