Re: Konqueror vs Firefox

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
On my FC7 and FC8 boxes, I have both Konqueror and
Firefox. Which should I use? Why?

Konqueror. It:
* loads much faster,
* integrates better into the KDE desktop (uses KDE icons and widget style, KWallet etc.),
* doesn't require extensions for functionality like ad blocking,
* is more standards-compliant (passes the Acid2 test, Firefox 2 fails it, only Firefox 3 will pass it).

In all honesty there is nothing 'wrong' with Konqueror at all. It works in
KDE just like Explorer works in Windows.

I have not used KDE for years and things do change but I can recall places
that Konqueror, could not, would not, go that Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla
went with no problems.
--

  David