Re: Konqueror vs Firefox

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Steve Lindemann <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>  > I tried your site and loaded "Soldier, militants killed in Gaza" and then
>  > loaded the forty cartoons that I mentioned. I scrolled up and down the
>  > whole time that the forty sites were loading without any problems. I
>  > picked a URL from the page and reloaded all tabs. That would be forty-two
>  > pages. Still no problem scrolling up and down on the original page.
>  >
>  > I am not doubting what you say  ;-)  but I don't see this problem here.
>  >

>  Please don't doubt him... he isn't the only one seeing a problem.  I've
>  had the same issue across multiple windows and linux platforms.  If
>  something hangs during the page load, nothing else in Firefox will work
>  until that page finally finishes or starts loading more or less
>  normally.  While the page is loading the problem is considerably less
>  noticable, but if one page load hangs up in the least little way, then
>  the whole application hangs...  Firefox is still my browser of choice,
>  but that little quirk is more than a bit annoying.
>  --

Agreed, I've had a problem similar to this for as long as I can
remember Mozilla tabbing by default.

I log into a private page to check some statistics
(stats/links/logs/etc.).  I usually tab-click it to a background tab.
It has quite a bit of data (but no animations/flash/JS), however while
that tab loads in the background, Firefox is more or less frozen. It
seems better in Windows but its pretty bad in Gnome.  Although I
haven't tested Opera in a while, Opera in Linux seems to do a much
better job at loading those background tabs while keeping the browser
responsive.

It has improved, but it seems to me that has more to do with having a
much better computer and internet connection now.

Just my observations.

-Mauriat