Re: wicd - better wireless network manager than NetworkManager?

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed the wicd rpm on a Fedora 8 laptop and tried to start the
daemon. Unfortunately, I immediately get an alert from SELINUX that the
daemon is trying to access some files in /tmp and it won't let the
daemon do this. The command to run suggested by SELINUX does not work so
I cannot try wicd. I had a problem with SELINUX also with wireless
assistant which prevented it from running.

I get two different messages from SELINUX:

SELinux is preventing the wpa_supplicant from using potentially
mislabeled files (./tmp).

SELinux is preventing ethtool (ifconfig_t) "write"
to /opt/wicd/data/wicd.log (usr_t).

I can send more details if desired.

Rick B.

Best bet is probably to bounce it off the fedora-selinux list. They will be able to straighten you out.

Max