Re: Video distortion

max bianco wrote:

I had not considered that possibility.  It could indeed be a hardware
problem but i don't have any issues when i run without the livna driver. If
i was having a video card problem shouldn't I have general video issues that
don't revolve around the livna driver? I am out of the loop on video driver
issues(something i used to keep up with), what, if any, other driver can i
use?  Is the driver offered by livna  the open source or proprietary driver?

Thanks,

Max

It could also be overdriving the monitor, or the monitor is starting to fail on higher frequencies/resolutions, or it right at the edge of what it will take.

Check the frequencies/resolutions that the free driver uses and check the resolutions that the ati driver uses, sometimes there is an option on the monitor setup that will tell you the active frequency, and compare the two and compare to what the monitor claims that it can handle.

                        Roger