Re: Fedora will not boot to GUI

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM, John  BORIS <jboris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Success. Thanks to Leo and a few others I was able to install the
>  openchrome dirvers. The only issue I have now is getting the resolution
>  up to 800 x 600 or something other then 640 x 480. From the Gnome
>  Desktop it only gives me the one resolution. So it is back to search the
>  docs on how to get it there.
>
>  Thanks again to everyone that helped.

Allocated graphics memory and color depth will impact the maximum
display resolution setting. Check your BIOS setting and verify that
graphics memory is set above 32MB.  You'll need more than 32MB if you
want higher resolution than 1024x768 with 32-bit color. After that has
been verified use system-config-display and set the resolution and
color depth to the highest setting that you want to use.

--Kam