Sound card stopped working

Hi,

I have an issue here which I don't believe is Fedora related but I just
want to make sure and thought I'd ask anyway in case someone has an idea
what's going on.

I currently have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard in an Antec P182 case. I
bought this motherboard a while ago since I had to RMA the ASUS P5B-VM
Do motherboard I had before and I didn't want to be without a computer
for weeks. So tonight I was watching some videos and it was getting late
so I thought I'd put on my headphones but instead of just plugging them
in the jack on my speakers I thought I'd try the front panel on my case
since I couldn't remember if I ever tried them. So anyway I plugged the
headphone in and the computer turned off... I unplugged them and
restarted the computer and now there's no sound at all. So anyway I
started looking around, in the sound card detection it does find the
onboard audio but there's nothing listed in the PCM device.

I also had the same audio issues with the ASUS I had previously but I
don't remember if I tried the front audio with that one or what happened
that the sound just stopped working...

Here's the output of lspci -v which shows that it finds the sound card:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 0012
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 22
        Memory at 98420000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI
00
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

And lsmod shows the module is loaded:

snd_hda_intel         274529  0

So what I'm wondering is, is there something wrong with the front panel
connector of the case that could have shorted out the onboard sound card
on both my motherboards? Anyway that's what I'm wondering but I'd like a
second opinion... I'll probably send an email to Antec tomorrow to see
what they have to say about it...

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>