Re: the best way to update F8 = easiest.

Mike Chalmers wrote:
Hi, I just did a clean install of Fedora 8 and was wondering what the
best way to update it is? Do I use yum update or click the balloon in
the taskbar, or is there another way?

easiest:
The balloon, will run pup {package updater}. This uses yum libraries to determine availability of updates, then after confirmation, downloads and installs them.

cli:
yum update

hard:
download packages, then rpm -Uvh them by hand.

auto: there is a way to have the system check on a schedule and autoinstall updates detected.

DaveT.