google mail and thunderbird -

My ISP, Wildblue.net, has switched all their e-mail accounts to "gmail."

I am accustomed to having all my mail neatly sorted into directories with Thunderbird mail.

Suddenly I have almost 800 messages dumped into one list broken into pages of fifty lines. I found a rudimentary filter system but it doesn't appear to sort my mail into directories as I am accustomed to? Or I may be missing something ...

Can someone tell me how to deal with this mess? At least point me in the right direction. I am still in shock and not sure what to do next!

Bob Goodwin