Re: Printing error with cups 1.2.12

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 12:22 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Tim Waugh wrote:
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:31 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
You should probably say how you're trying to do that, and what with.
For example: lpr -o portrait image.jpg
There is no such option with the CUPS filters.  Try:

lpr -o landscape=false image.jpg
Oh, I see. Yes, that prints portrait but it doesn't explain why "lpr image.jpg" prints landscape.

It's because you have either a user default or a system default for the
landscape option. (You mentioned you had checked the system default in
your message, and that it was set to Portrait -- but I will include the
method for checking that again here for the benefit of others reading
this thread.)

To see if it is a user default, run 'lpoptions -p queuename' -- it will
show the list of user defaults for that printer.  To change those
defaults, use the lpoptions command (e.g. lopoptions -p queuename -r
landscape').

"lpoptions -p LaserJet" did not show any understandable orientation setting. However, it had: orientation-requested=4 and googling for that revealed that this is indeed landscape. "lpoptions -p Photosmart" (my other printer) had no orientation-requested set! I believe this settles the issue and I am very thankfull to Tim for helping me solve the problem. BTW, only "lpoptions -p LaserJet -r orientation-requested" removed the setting.

--
Erik.