Re: cups 1.3.6-2 printer no longer prints

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:42:32 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm starting to wonder if my printer has folded its tent, and the cups update
> was just a coincidence.

It doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, and something weird is going on. I
can print from that computer to a shared HP printer on a different computer.
However, if I try to print to the locally connected printer, nothing happens as
I stated earlier. Further, if I try to print a document of any length to the
locally-installed CUPS-PDF I get a 760 byte file that's apparently a single
blank page.  I just tried printing a 57-page document to cups-pdf on that
machine and got the same 760 byte pdf file that I get when I print a single
sheet that says "This is a test."

I'm at a bit of a loss here -- if cups-pdf doesn't work properly on that
machine either then that suggests to me that this is not a hardware problem.

So what could it be?