Re: How to build an apache webserver

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 11:13 -0600, Randy Easley wrote:
> I could use some help building an apache web server from the ground
> up.

I think you need to define what you want to do better, before you'll get
the answers you need.  For instance...

Are you wanting to compile the software?  You can get it already built
as an RPM.

Are you building the hardware for creating a standalone webserver?  Some
people pay for space in a server farm, and install their own box.

Are you just wanting to set up a website?  (You're needing configuration
assistance.)

And how will you serve, and who to?  Are you going to serve a website to
the general public, or something private just within your own network?
Will you be serving from your own computer through your own ISP?

Details like the above are what'll effect the advice you receive.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.