Re: How to build an apache webserver

Randy Easley wrote:

> I could use some help building an apache web server from the ground up.
> I am very new to this idea, but I have no choice. I want the best web
> server and all I've heard is apache.
>
> Can someone please assist me with a website or "dumy" instructions on
> how to do this?

1. Get a domain.
These are incredibly cheap nowadays.

2. Make sure your ISP will allow you to user your IP address
for this domain.
Maybe they always do?
Life is slightly easier if you have a fixed IP address,
but that is certainly not essential.

3. Yum install httpd

4. Write (or better, copy) /var/www/html/index.html .

That's all there is to it. I think.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366