Re: Burning CDs

Phil Bass wrote:
Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:03:11 +0000, Phil Bass wrote:

After further investigation I found an alternative CD burning program
called graveman and tried it. It hangs on startup for both ordinary
users and root.

Finally I tried to use the CD burning facility built in to Nautilus.
Have you tried "k3b" yet?
Haven't tried that because I run Gnome and I'd rather avoid a mixture of Gnome and KDE apps if possible. Why Gnome? Mainly because that's what we use at work and I work from home sometimes. Still, I can try it if that's the consensus on the list.

Once upon a time I wrote a tool to simplify multisession backup with cdrecord. You can find it at http://www.tmr.com/~public and that will avoid some of the learning curve (it's still command line, though).

Before you do anything else, try "cdrecord -atip dev=/dev/dvd" and see if you can get access to the device. You can also use "-prcap" in place of "-atip" just to see if you get data or a "can't find device" message. My one remaining current FC7 machine is working "just fine" for burning, I just converted some old Fedora interviews with various people from ogg to DVD so I can take them with me along with a DVD player.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>