Re: X Server Problem

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 23:27 +0530, ALFRED MELVIN wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> i am not able to login into my fedora 8 system with run level 5.
> its showing that there is some problem with X server...
>
> but when i manually start X server...its working perfectly..
> how to fix this problem...
>
> but initially it worked fine....but now after i installed xgl and ati
> drivers....i am facing this problem..
>
> plz help me..
> Thanks in advance...

What user are you logged in as to start the x server when t works fine?
Have tried running a new Xorg config after the install of drivers?

If you run x server as another user and it works fine there might be
permissions problems.

What is the problem? Blue screen saying the x server failed? Something
else?