logwatch reports

Greetings all;

The logwatch reports emailed to root every night are a bit of a puzzle in the
disk free space dept.

Without my actions, I'd think it ought to be fairly stable, but I'm seeing df
reports of /dev/LogVolGroup00 having 51GB used one day, and 47GB used the
next day.  And last nights was 45GB.  I haven't done that much housecleaning,
and df now reports 47GB used right now.

Surely there has not been 2GB of incoming mail since kmail last expired stuff,
more like 100k maybe, so I'd like to figure out where all this data is coming
from and and going to.

I just scanned all the way through an lsof report without seeing any red
flags.

Does anyone have an Idea on how to 'catch this in the act' folks?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)