Re: Sharing to/from Windows

Michael Eager wrote:
Wayne Smith wrote:
For some reason, F8 has totally stopped communicating with my laptop
running Windows XP. I cannot pick it up in the network, even though it
is connected to my router and set to share files. It is only recently
that this started happening. I can't find it under my root access or
smb/// in a browser.

Are you sure that smbd and nmbd are both running?

Sorry, that's not the direction you were wanting to share files.

Can you ping the Windows laptop from the Linux system?
Can you pig the Linux system from Windows?

Can you ping some external site, say google.com, from both?

Did you turn on a firewall on on the Windows system?  Or
change any of it's settings?

--
Michael Eager	 eager@xxxxxxxxxxxx
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077