Re: Can't login to vsftpd

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
Locally, I can login anonymously to my vsftpd service.

But if I try to login from a KVM virtual machine running FreeBSD, I
get permission denied.

Why?
I can't find any log messages, nor any configuration options that
suggest it shouldn't be allowed.
Any clues?

Are you trying to login anonymously from the VM? Any other login type is managed by /etc/vsftpd/user_list and /etc/vsftpd/ftpusers.

It may also be the conf file isn't setup to use network interfaces.Or maybe iptables?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support