Re: Adding a logical volume

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
I have uninitialized disk space on my disk (/dev/sda), and I have the
Logical Volume Management GUI tool system-config-lvm 1.1.1 running and
looking at the unpartitioned space.

How do I create a new logical volume group in that space (the obvious
way seems to be to press the Initialize entity button, but that is
greyed out)?

You might need to initialize the disk and toggle the partition to lvm with fdisk or another disk management tool first. I read that people have setup lvm without partitions a long while back but not much lately about lvm with no previous partitions setup.

Jim

--
The "cutting edge" is getting rather dull.
		-- Andy Purshottam