Re: FC8 and NFS service

Terry Polzin wrote:
On Wednesday 20 February 2008 14:32, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I am trying to replace a bunch of NFS servers with new machines running
FC8. The NFS server is doing some kind of evil security check which was
not present in FC1, causing connection rejects like "invalid port
XXXXXX" messages. Since the port works against the FC1 server, and there
are 120-140 clients per server, running various operating systems, the
solution lies in telling the NFS service to stop doing the unwanted
security check and treat anything coming through iptables as valid.

Has someone a thought on this? Changing clients isn't going to happen,
and it seems the Solaris NFS server works (or the upgrade from FC1 might
be dropped).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
Can we see your /etc/exports file? You may need to add insecure to your exports to use some ports in newer NFS instances.

Newer instances is right, I'm building a FC9alpha1 test box as I type, I'll test both client and server on FC[6789] and client on everything.

More later, thanks.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>