Re: Worthless daemon

TNWestTex wrote:
What daemon gives these messages?  I have systems that do not connect to the
internet so yum.updatesd is meaningless.  I've disabled the service to
eliminate the annoying popups but still get these messages to the console.

 Unable to connect to yum-updatesd.  Please ensure that the yum-updatesd
package is installed and that the service is running.
[...]
Max failures exceeded, exiting now

These "features" should be opt in!!

Robert McBroom

I think it one of the gnome daemons that starts when you log into gnome - and I believe you can turn it off.