Re: No Sound in Fedora Core 8

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 22:20 -0500, sean darcy wrote:
> Nguyễn Văn Thoại wrote:
> > I've upgraded my system from FC4 to FC8 and got no sound.
> > In FC4, the sound system worked just perfectly. However, in FC8, it
> > doesn't work anymore.
> > The funny thing is that when I launch the "Soundcard Detection" program,
> > it works (?!)
> > Has anyone faced this problem before?
> > Please help :)
> >
> > --
> > Nguyễn Văn Thoại
> > 32/27 Tran Cao Van St
> > Danang
> > Vietnam
> >
> > Help me pay my hosting bills.
> > http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=7516
> >

> I actually gave up after 6 weeks messing around. f8 doesn't seem to like
> sound.
>
> sean

The first thing I would do is remove all the pulseaudio related rpm.
Second run alsamixer and set sound levels on the channels.
If after doing tha you are still in trouble post again.

I have been through this for 3 weeks before I got sound so I am
sympathetic.
I am so optimistic about beef prices that I've just leased a pot roast
with an option to buy.