kernel panic on Fedora 8 - a serious bug!

Hi,
I have a major problem with my Fedora 8, as you can see from the subject line.

I have wireless adsl modem with WPA encryption. My laptop has Intel 3945ABG wireless card and loads iwl3945 module for it.

When I boot into gnome, gnome password manager pops up and asks me my personal key for unlocking passwords so that it can enter WPA password for adls modem.

If I enter my password emediately, while gnome applets are still loading, I get a kernel panic and a dead system!

If I wait while everything is loaded, still some times I get a kernel panic.

Only way not to get a kernel panic is to click cancel on gnome window that asks for my password, and then via NetworkManager click on my network and then enter key in gnome password manager...

Any ideas why? How to fix this really nasty bug? How to troubleshoot this?

Cheers,
Valent.