Re: Jigdo instructions, please

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 13:13 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I was unduly critical of your instructions,

Good shot at an apology to the Author.

> but I still think you should say explicitly

Ah! The "should"! No more apology. You may wish to consider prefacing
your point with "Personally, I think it would be better if...". Then
you've expressed an opinion and a desire to see something happen as a
suggestion, instead of opining what you consider to be a "glaring fact"
and a deficiency. There is a difference in the approach. I hope you
consider it.

> But it seems to me that if Fedora re-spins using jigdo
> are to become an official, or semi-official, part of Fedora
> then those creating the jigdos are under some obligation
> to explain how to use them.

Under Linux, no one is obligated to do anything. That's a point to
consider. RDay made a stab, some time ago, at doing this step-by-step as
an exercise in writing one. He asked for suggestions and improvements.

Like you, OTOH, I would have had no -clue- about the mount loop
business, either.

However, RDay was doing something he wanted to do, just for ducks, and
at that point, "I think it would be better if..." and "I would
suggest..." are far more helpful, supportive and inspirational
statements to use to the kind budding Author. Now you know the rest of
the story. And, that is my two cents. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar