> On that page:
>
> "How to Use Jigdo?"
>
> with a link named "howto"
> - -------------------------------------------------
>
> Which takes you here:
>
> "Using Jigdo to Download Re-Spin ISOs"
> http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/jigdo/
> - -------------------------------------------------
>
> Near the bottom of that page is a section named:
>
> "Using Already Downloaded Data"
>
> which says:
>
> "An ideal way to use jigdo is to "patch" an existing ISO that you have
> downloaded in the past. This will reduce the amount of data needing to be
> downloaded. To be able to use this existing data do the following:
>
> For an existing ISO image:
>
> ~   1. Mount the image using a loop device:
>
> ~      mount -t iso9660 -o loop /path/to/oldimage.iso
> /path/to/mount/point/
>
> ~   2. Tell jigdo-lite where the media is mounted, when it asks. You can
> also pass the --scan option to specify a directory to scan for files.
>

> For an image already written to media:
>
> ~   1. Insert the media, take note of where it gets mounted. In Fedora, it
> should be mounted in /media/something.
> ~   2. Tell jigdo-lite where the media is mounted, when it asks. You can
> also pass the --scan option to specify a directory to scan for files."
>

> That seems fairly clear to me.

It is probably possible to put together the necessary information
from the sources you quote - I shall try it this evening -
but I still don't find it very lucid.
I actually read - or scanned through - the whole article,
and deduced, probably wrongly, that I would have to edit
a .jigdo file.

If as you seem to say it is easy for anyone to follow,
I would be interested to know how many people have done so.

This is my philosphy:
Jigdo is an alternative to running "yum update".
The latter takes 1 brain cell, and 2 hours of my computer's time.
Using jigdo has taken 100,000 of my brain cells so far,
and will probably take 15 minutes to run when I get it running.
Present rate of exchange: 1 brain cell = 1 hour computer time.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366