Re: Jigdo instructions, please

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
| On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, David Boles wrote:
|
|> I referenced your site for that reason Robert. You did a very good
|> job, IMO, of explaining the steps as simply and clearly as possible.
|
| thanks.  and just to avoid any future issues, i did add a
| miscellaneous note at the bottom of that HOWTO page thusly:
|
| "It's not even necessary to have a physical DVD; if you have an ISO
| image instead, just mount that image somewhere using mount -o loop and
| use that mount point as one of the directory locations for the
| re-creation process. The effect is, not surprisingly, the same.
|
|> I was thinking about the 'spaces' in the displayed cd/dvd name.
|> Perhaps they are '%20' as in cd%20name%20of%20version ?  '%20
|> instead of an actual 'space'? As in cd name of version ?
|
| i'm guessing that's what they are, but i still don't know how to get
| around the fact that jigdo refuses to work with those names.

Perhaps the name inside quotes?

"The disk name goes here"

In GNOME the DVD name displayed in the GUI named 'Computer' and on the
Desktop is:

"FU 20080204 8 x86_64 DVD"

In a terminal window in X it is:

/media/"FU 20080204 8 x86_64 DVD"

Notice both contain the spaces and the quotes.

However when viewed at level init 3 the name is:

/media/"FU\ 20080204\ 8\ x86_64\ DVD"

This DVD, BTW, is the Feb 4, 2000 Fedora-Unity jigdo updated / made from
the Dec Fedora-Unity jigdo DVD that was updated / made from the original
release Fedora-8-x86_64-DVD downloaded with ftp Nov 3, 2007.

I have also done the i386 DVD and both the i386 and x86_64 CD sets as an
experiment. I gave them to friends.

So this does work. IMO it is simple to do and it works quite well actually.
- --

~  David