general question about manual install driver.ko

I don't know that the quote means. Do I remove the file, unplug the webcam, reboot the computer, plug in the webcam, then what? Any help appreciated.

"The webcam audio interface must be initialised before the video interface. Linux will by default initialise the video interface first, so you need to remove the uvcvideo.ko module from the /lib/modules subdirectory where it gets loaded automatically, and load it manually after plugging the webcam."