Re: WiFi LAN access, but not WAN access.

Not sure if this addresses your particular situation, but in my struggles to get WiFi to work with WPA, with both NDISWRAPPER and the cursed BCM mess I found this little gem which works for both FC6, F8 and now I'm on CentOS5 with both ndiswrapper and Madwifi driving an Atheros PCI card.

The interface comes up @ boot and when I login all is well. I use kwifimanager as a quick and dirty method to monitor the WiFi for connection and speed info.

chkconfig {NetworkManager,NetworkManagerDispatcher,wpa_supplicant} off

add the following to the end of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless

# wsrcc hack start.
# This seems to be the only way to get wpa networking and dhcpclient to work
# properly at boot
if [ ! -S /var/run/wpa_supplicant/$DEVICE ]  ;  then
wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -i$DEVICE -Dwext -B
fi
# wsrcc end end