Re: video interference?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:43:50 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe that's all it needed.  I'll see if it's still hanging together by morning.

*sigh*

The problem is back this morning.  So much for a forlorn hope, I guess.

Well, if you are ready for a wild-ass guess, you might try setting the frame rate to something else, using the boot option "video=" and see if that helps.

I'm guessing some device is injecting 60 cycle into your system somewhere, and if you can avoid it you can avoid finding the device. I don't think it's your monitor going bad, although I've never seen this with an LCD display.

You said you moved the computer with respect to the monitor, did you just move the monitor around? Doesn't have to be to a spot which is convenient, but if moving changes the problem, find out what new device is in use nearby. And in use at the times you see the problem. Get a new coffee maker lately? ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>