Webcam, dev/video ?

I have a Logitech so-called "Webcam" that works with Windows XP but has never worked with any Fedora version I've tried. Apparently it requires a driver gspcav and an application "v4l" both of which I have installed via yumex on an F-8 system.

The problem always seems to be that there is no /dev/video0 when tried with programs like camE, vlc, and ekiga.

lsusb shows it as:
Bus 002 Device oo2: ID 046d:0870 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express

I don't really need the camera but I have it and would like to make it work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob Goodwin