Subject: Working script won't work in rc.local
From: Barry Yu
To: Fedora list
Date: 02/18/2008 09:10 AM
> My working script won't work at startup when I inserted it into
> rc.local - It works perfectly in terminal when I manually execute it
> there. Am I putting my script in wrong place and how can I auto
> execute it when starting up F8?
> Thanks for helping

What is the first line of your script? Is it "#!/bin/bash"? Is it marked
as executable? Is there more information you can give as to what is
happening?

Here is my rc.local file, my script is the last line;

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/home/Scripts/./dumon

Below is the entire content of my script;

xrandr --output VGA --auto --output TMDS-1 --auto --right-of VGA

I think it's not being found.  Did you intend
   $HOME/Scripts/dumon
??
Dick S.

--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!