Re: WiFi LAN access, but not WAN access.

I had the same problem once.
I guess I corrected it by adding the correct DNS servers (from my isp)

I hope it works

2008/2/18, Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: m_d_berger_1900@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:48:05 +0000
> Subject: WiFi LAN access, but not WAN access.
>
> On FC8 with my dual boot laptop, in the process of testing
> wpa_supplicant with my Actiontec router, I had a situation
> in which I could ping within my LAN, but but not the WAN.
> Other boxes on my LAN, had no problem contacting the WAN.
> So I shut of the encryption, and made unencrypted WiFi
> contact.  Still, I could contact the LAN but not the WAN.
> Then I made a wired Ethernet connection from the test
> laptop.  In that case, everything worked for WAN and LAN.
> Then I went back to wireless.  It all worked, with and
> without encryption.
>
> So I am living happily ever after, but I fear I may be in
> a fool's paradise.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.
>
> --

What is your dhcp settings for the wifi? Same as lan? Also check route settings- is the gateway correct for wifi? I had to set my dhclient to supersede gateway so that I had wan access on both lan and wlan.

Hope that helps- maybe. Any further info (inc. vague topology) and or config might help to work out your sit.