Re: F8 - change video card?

Frank Cox wrote:
I was just thinking....

In the event that I have to change from the integrated Intel video chipset on
this motherboard and start using a separate video card to obtain DVI output,
will Fedora 8 automatically detect and make the necessary change?

If, for example, I put in an ATI card, will everything "just work", or will I
have to do a bunch of setup and changes?  Since I don't really have a whole lot
of material on this computer yet (I haven't really finished setting it up
completely yet) perhaps it would be simplest to just to a complete reinstall?

Or will everything just keep on clicking along without any grief?

When I change had disks from one computer to another, the video and Ethernet both need reconfigured. I assume since you are just adding another videocard, dropping to runlevel 3 and logging in as root and running 'system-config-display --reconfig' should setup the videocard properly for you.
Reinstalling the whole OS should not be needed.

Jim