Re: video interference?

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:10:39 -0500
William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Frank, if you have any additional suggestions I would appreciate hearing
> them.  A new good monitor would cost about $300 and if the problem is
> elsewhere (like needing to update my BIOS) that would be a complete
> waste of money.

Well, as I posted above, someone else told me that the problem is likely due to
the fact that I'm using analog VGA instead of DVI.

The interesting thing here is that the motherboard manual
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg33fb/sb/d8343101_en.pdf
states ""DVI specification 1.0 compliant" which should mean that
it will work with DVI, but I don't see how to plug in and I don't see any
header listed on the board diagram.

I must be missing something.

With regard to your problem, here is a list of the things that I have tried
here so you can try them as well:

Plug the computer into a different circuit.

Plug the monitor into a different circuit.

Plug the computer and the monitor into a different circuit.

Move the computer further away from the monitor.

Re-orient the computer and the monitor.  (If the sits horizontal to the
monitor, turn it so it's vertical, and vice-versa.)

Plug the computer and monitor directly into the line power and bypass your UPS
(if you have one).

Move the cables at the back of your computer to insure that they are separated
from each other.  Turn them so they are at different angles and see if anything
changes.

That's pretty much what I've tried here.