Re: video interference?

On Feb 17, 2008 11:39 AM, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting to think I have a different problem with this computer, that's not
operating-system related.

I occasionally have slowly-moving horizontal lines on my monitor that show up
on the lighter coloured parts of my screen and travel upward.  It seems to come
and go, and looks for all the world like electrical interference.  The lines are
very small, maybe 15 per inch, and are mostly visible on the top half of the
monitor.  On a smaller monitor I might not even notice them, but on this 22"
wide screen monitor it's distracting.

I moved the computer further away from the monitor and changed its orientation
but that didn't change anything.  I also tried plugging the monitor and
computer into different/separate electrical circuits and tried it without my UPS
as well.

Is there anything else I should be trying?  I'm running out of ideas.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but a routine check for overheating
wouldn't hurt -- power supply, chip  and case fans, etc.
Dick S.

--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!