Re: ACER 1681 upgrade issue

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 16:05 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> When I boot from a Live-CD of FC[678] with GNOME or KDE, the boot
> proceeds until the login prompt appears, then the keys and mouse
> buttons stop working, but the touchpad still moves the mouse. At that
> point there's no easy way to get debug information, and I'd rather try
> some boot parameters first if someone has a thought on what this might
> be.

While the live discs can be a useful test of compatibility, I've found
every one of them to be painful, and screw up badly (lock ups, dead slow
running, crashes), whereas the normal install of an OS worked fine.
They test whether the live disc works, they don't test whether the OS
will work normally.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386