Re: slow (s-l-o-w) install

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:09:28 -0500
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It's a known limitation of some BIOS versions. I suspect it would happen with that other O/S as well, actually.

Is there any way to deal with it, other than telling the machine to use 2GB of
ram or less?  I would like to use all 4GB, if I can.

I have already updated the bios to the latest version available, dated January
29.

I don't think the install will run a bit faster for using more memory, while it will run tons slower if you don't run cache. Since this is a one-time thing during install, I don't see any reason to avoid it. After install you can look at MTRR adjustments to allow all 4GB during normal operation.

Assuming your hardware supports it, of course.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still