Re: problem with permissions of usb key

Tom Holroyd wrote, On 02/14/2008 02:31 PM:
On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 11:03 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
the normal F8 udev/hald rules should mount the [v]fat file system from the device as either
drwxr-xr-x # user  usergroup dirsize 1970-01-01 time /media/KINGSTON
or
drwx------ # user  usergroup dirsize 1970-01-01 time /media/KINGSTON

So the only other thing left to look at AFAIK is the udev/hald rules.

elaborate enough?

Not really. I had already gotten that far. What I want to know is, how
does one look at/change the udev/hald rules?

Note: I have yet to actually edit any of these, so it is possible the following information should come with the disclaimer "WARNING: here be dragons". :)

ls /etc/udev/rules.d
ls /etc/hal

granted I do need to eventually figure out how to edit them, as I want removable devices (USB sticks, CD/DVDs, floppies) to be mounted noexec. [had it figured out on FC4 with hal, just have not figured it out with the udev setup yet]

Dr. Tom
--
O heaven above me! You pure, you lofty heaven! This is now your purity
to me, that there is no eternal reason-spider and reason-cobweb: That

Cool never read Zarathustra's quote before.

--
Todd Denniston