Re: run of alsa-info-sh suceeded.

On Thursday 14 February 2008 00:42, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > Aaron. Do you still have to add a "modprobe snd-cs4236" line in
> > /etc/rc.local in F8, as you had to do since FC6, as per your earlier
> > post?

> > Would you download this script, as below, run it, and post the link to
> > pastebin back. It may well provide some usefull info about your machine,
> > soundcard, etc.
> >
> >  http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
> >
> > It may be usefull to the Alsa development folks, and I'll post the
> > pastebin link there, with all the relevant details regarding your isa
> > soundcard, and what is necessary to get it to work.
> >
> > Nice to have the sounds working again eh!
> >
> > All the best.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Well I got alsa-info.sh to run and the result is posted at:
> http://pastebin.ca/903074
>
> The result does nto seem as complete as the result from the f7 run.
> Anyway, if anyone can learn anything from this output please share your
> thoughts with me.

Hi Aaron. The output from running the script on F8 is very incomplete. I've
asked the question on the alsa-devel list, as to whether the script works
with ISA cards as it does with PCI cards, but no answer yet.

Tell me though. You say you ran the script on F7. Is that on the same machine
as F8, and the same cs4236 ISA soundcard?

I don't want to drag this out, as you have the sounds working now, but it
would be nice to find out why you have had to add a modprobe snd-cs4236 line
to /etc/rc.local since FC6 for the ISA module to be loaded.

Nigel.